Our North Dakota oil rig explosion lawyers at Williams Attorneys help secure full finances for medical bills and other expenses so you can heal and move forward.
At Williams Attorneys, we have won billions of dollars for oil platform workers and oil rig crew members injured in explosions, fires, blowouts, and other accidents across the Bakken and offshore. With 30+ years’ experience in the legal arena with the world’s largest oil and gas companies, we have the extensive investigative resources and unique inside know-how it takes to:
- Discover every cause of a platform fire or oil rig explosion
- Determine every liable party (oil and gas company, equipment manufacturing company, contractors, maintenance companies), and
- Secure the maximum compensation available for you and your family
Big oil and gas companies will try to offer low settlement amounts or deny liability for your injuries altogether. You deserve more. Our North Dakota oil rig injury lawyers are renowned for achieving the absolute highest compensation for injured rig workers, including future and past medical expenses, money for pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of quality of life, and all other damages to help bring justice.
No oil and gas company is too powerful for our North Dakota oil rig injury attorneys to beat in an oil rig injury lawsuit. We take on the world’s largest oil and gas companies, including:
- Baker Hughes
- Burlington Resources
- Continental Resources
- EOG Resources
- Exxon Mobil
- Marathon Oil
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Phillips 66
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Valero Energy
- Whiting Petroleum
- XTO Energy
We take claims involving all sizes of Bakken drilling companies, including WPX Energy, Rimrock Oil & Gas, Slawson Exploration Company, QEP Energy Company, Oasis Petroleum, Petro-Hunt, Newfield Production Company, Nine Point Energy, Lime Rock Resources, Equinor Energy, Kraken Operating, Enerplus Resources, Apache Corporation, and Bruin E&P Operating.
If you or a loved one has been injured or tragically killed in a platform accident or oil rig explosion, we can help ensure you get the most money available for your losses. Our North Dakota oil rig fire lawyers at Williams Attorneys understand your situation and know how to overcome high power oil and gas company defense tactics. Our proven legal strategy and oil and gas industry expertise means injured rig workers get the full support and financial recompense necessary to rebuild and prosper.
Our Williams Attorneys legal team works on a contingency basis. You don’t pay unless we win your oil rig injury lawsuit. Don’t settle for less than you deserve.
What Causes Oil Rig Fires and Explosions?
Oil rig and oil platform workers are the heart of the oil and gas industry. They also have some of the most dangerous jobs in the nation. Handling heavy equipment around electricity and hazardous, flammable materials under high pressure takes proper training, a focused mind, and an extremely safe working environment. Disrupting those safety precautions in the slightest can result in disaster.
Causes of Historic Oil Rig Explosions and Platform Fires
- 1964 Pan American Petroleum Corporation C.P. Baker Drilling Barge disaster
- 1984 Petrobras Enchova Central Platform disaster
- 1988 Occidental Petroleum Piper Alpha explosion
- absent pressure safety valve, incomplete maintenance, and failed communication caused condensate pipe gas leak.
- 1988 Petrobras Enchova Central Platform disaster
- 2005 Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Mumbai High North Disaster
- multipurpose support vessel (“MSV”) collision
- 2007 Usumacinta Jack-Up disaster
- collision with platform production valve tree and incomplete valve sealing
- 2010 BP Transocean Deepwater Horizon rig explosion
- damaged blowout preventer
- 2010 Mariner Energy Vermillion oil rig fire
- unreported cause of fire ignited in living quarters
- 2012 Chevron Nigeria Limited K.S. Endeavor drilling rig fire
- possible gas pressure buildup
- 2012 Black Elk Energy oil platform explosion
- blowtorch sparks struck oil line
- 2015 Petrobras oil rig explosion
- gas leak on floating oil production, storage, and offloading ship (FPSO)
- 2015 Pemex oil rig explosion
- leak in corroded gas fuel line
- 2018 Pryor Trust Oklahoma drilling rig explosion
- blowout due to primary and secondary barrier failures and underbalanced operations caused by poor driller training, misinterpretation of well data, unidentified surface pressure, miscalculated weighted pill, inactive alarm system, failure to perform flow checks, and unsafe driller cabins and escape routes.
- 2001 Petrobras 36 oil platform disaster
- overpressure event and hydrocarbon vapor leak
Numerous platform and land rig working conditions can cause fires or explosions, including:
- blowout preventer (BOP) failures
- corroded gas lines and damaged pipelines
- damaged safety gear
- damaged valves and cables
- defective or outdated equipment
- equipment made from substandard materials
- improper welding or blowtorch use
- inadequate worker training
- incomplete equipment repair
- incorrect use of formation kick materials
- irregular rig equipment maintenance
- pressure control system failures
- safety procedure violations
- sparking debris from surface blowouts
- uncontrolled reservoir pressure release
- ungrounded electrical wiring
- unsafe equipment operation
- unsafe fuel storage
- ventilation failures
- working overtime or skipping breaks
In many cases, it isn’t the worker that neglects or breaches safety measures, but the oil company or contractor. Big oil and gas companies are willing to risk the lives of their employees since many think a personal injury verdict or wrongful death settlement will cost them less money than properly maintaining and repairing drilling equipment, making sure rigs and platforms are safe, and making sure their employees have the safest protective equipment and working environments possible.
Our North Dakota oil rig explosion lawyers at Williams Attorneys hold oil and gas companies accountable for negligent or reckless acts that put workers in danger. Our clients are taken care of financially, and our record-setting verdicts make the liable parties think twice before putting their workers in harm’s way again.
If you or a loved one has been tragically injured or killed in an oil rig fire, we are here to protect your rights and secure the maximum compensation available for your injuries.